The incumbent will be responsible for providing technical support in the implementation of gender interventions for the project to improve the quality of education for girls and women in Buhera and Mutare districts.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Leads in project gender analysis and develops a gender strategy for the project
• Designs a Gender Action Plan bi-annually and submits to the Team Leader for approval
• Develops and updates appropriate tools on gender to support the gender action plan
• Identifies training needs and conducts training on gender for project staff, partners and stakeholders including male champions and child protection committees• Distributes, shares and follows up on project specific material on gender to project staff, partners and stakeholders
• Advises and guides the implementation of project activities according to set national and organisational policy documents on gender by project staff, partners and stakeholders
• Provides ongoing technical support on gender to project staff, partners, and stakeholders to ensure adequate capacity development.
• Produces monthly progress reports and submits to the Team Leader
• Maintains contact with key partners and stakeholders in the gender sector including Ministry responsible for gender, UN Women, CSOs and MoPSE
• Participates in gender coordination platforms
• Participates in the development of concept notes and project proposal through program design discussions as part of the project design team
• Participates in periodic gender assessments at organisational level such as the gender audit,
• Contributes to the development and design of the policy and strategy for the country office gender interventions as well as relevant materials to support the strategy
• Provides support on gender in other country office projects
• Ensures that IASC core principles and Safeguarding standards are met and maintained accordingly during project planning and implementation.
Qualifications And Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science/ Gender Studies/Development Studies/Policy Studies
• 4-5 years’ experience with development programs working on Gender, Women & girls empowerment
• Experience working within the education space is an added advantage
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to operate independently and also as part of a team
How To Apply