An exciting opportunity has arisen for suitably qualified and self-driven individuals in one of the leading FMCG in Zimbabwe to fill in the position of a Store Manager. The role entails achieving set branch targets through efficiently and effectively utilising all material, financial and human resources. The role requires an energetic and dynamic individual who has an in-depth understanding of the retail sector and appreciation of the operating environment.
Duties And Responsibilities
Key Result Areas:
• Establish practices and procedures for the daily operations that will ensure a stable, profitable and growing business.
• Participates in formulating and administering company policies, directing and coordinating all store departmental activities to develop and implement short to mid-term goals and objectives to meet business and profitability growth objectives
• Ensure conditions regarding the treatment of staff which is fair and in accordance with the country’s Labour laws and Human Resources policies.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable laws i.e. licenses, health regulations etc.
• Supervise and assist all departmental supervisors in achieving set goals and objectives.
• Perform regular performance reviews of all departmental supervisors.
• Maintain an organizational structure that promotes fair distribution of work while maintaining maximum services to customers.
• Build and sustain relationships with suppliers and producers to develop effective product promotion.
• Determine staffing requirements and advises the HR department for the necessary processes.
• Perform sales floor work such as greeting and assisting customers, checking shelf stock and directing the restocking.
Qualifications And Experience
• A University Degree in Business Management or any relevant field from a reputable University or College
• Diploma in Marketing/ Operations/ Finance/ Accounting will be an added advantage.
• At least 4 years in a managerial position preferably two must have been in a retail sector.
• Experience of working in the retail industry, preferably in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience in working with board of directors providing professional, accurate and strategic advice
• Must have a strong understanding of basic retail concepts.
• Must have an understanding of Human resource management concepts.
• Must have an understanding of various statutes governing the operations of a retail supermarket.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to [email protected] with title Store Manager no later than 6 November 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be conducted.