The Catholic University of Zimbabwe Library is seeking a self-motivated, innovative Assistant Librarian (Systems) to support its digital services and systems. The position will be based at the main campus in Harare, with requirements to support library systems at our satellite campuses.
Duties And Responsibilities
1. Perform system administration for all the library’s IT systems, network and equipment with coordination with the university’s IT department.
2. Design, develop and maintain electronic interfaces on all library websites, including but not limited to, updating, optimizing, composing, and creating content in electronic format, performing coding in creating HTML5/CSS files, and performing coding to customize library websites.
3. Collaborate with the University’s IT department to support authentication and single sign-on access, ensure systems documentation is updated and compliant, ensure systems security support, ensure established HTML5/CSS standards are consistently implemented on all library/enterprise websites/electronic interfaces.
4. Monitor industry trends and best practices related to information access and discovery and recommend improvements to existing tools and workflows as appropriate.
5. Provide leadership in solving problems associated with delivery of the university’s learning and electronic resources.
6. Maintain and optimize library federated searching tool to incorporate up-to-date library resources.
7. Track, develop, and maintain usage statistics for online products and services used by library and report monthly.
8. Develop, and implement training for staff and students on new and emerging technologies monthly, and provide ad hoc training as needed.
9. Provide technical support on library computers and equipment as needed.
10. Ensure all services and projects are performed, managed and delivered with high quality results, analysis, and attention to detail, customer-focused, and within designated schedules/deadlines.
Qualifications And Experience
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum of a Bachelor of Information Systems/ Business Management and IT/Computer Science
• Postgraduate Diploma in Library and Information Science will be an added advantage
• Demonstrated experience supporting web technologies such as HTML, XML and CSS, PhP and SQL • At least Two (2) years of professional experience working with library systems.
How To Apply
Please submit your application letter, curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certificates and transcripts, and details of three contactable references to:
The Registrar, Staff Recruitment, at email: [email protected]
Applicants can also complete a Job Application Form by clicking VIEW MORE INFORMATION BUTTON BELOW
All applications must be submitted by Friday 28 August 2020.