BOOK KEEPER (GRADE 71 (Contract without Limit of Time)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions which have arisen within Murewa Rural District Council, Head Office
The Bookkeeper will be in the Finance Department and reporting to the Accountant
Duties And Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will be responsible for inter alia:
• Updating daily receipts and ensuring that cash is banked intact and timeously.
• Checking of daily receipts and banking summaries to ensure that cash receipted is banked intact and timeously.
• Transfer cash receipts to Bank, Cash and Ecocash Accounts in Sage Evolution Accounting System.
• Reconciliations of Cash, Ecocash and Bank Accounts.
• Capturing of daily receipt journals for Ecocash and Swipe Transactions in the Sage Evolution System.
• Updating of financial statements for communal wards and farms.
• Overnight safekeeping of funds before banking.
• Daily physical cash verification and spot checks.
• Supervision of Revenue Clerks
Qualifications And Experience
Qualifications and Attributes
• Higher National Diploma in Accounting or equivalent qualification
• A minimum of one year experience working in an Accounting environment
• Knowledge of Sage Evolution
How To Apply
Interested applicants should submit application letters accompanied by detailed curriculum vitaes including three contactable referees together with certified copies of academic and professional qualifications which should reach the undersigned through posting or hand delivering not later than Friday 13th March, 2020 to:
The Chief Executive Officer Murewa Rural District Council Mandicheche Road
P. BAG 601
MUREWA RURAL DISTRICT COUNCIL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY