Business Management Unit Advisors x 5 (Harare, Bulawayo, Gweru, Mutare and Masvingo)
Sustainable Agriculture Technology (SAT) and Welthungerhilfe (WHH) are part of a Consortium implementing an Inclusive Poultry Value Chain (IPVC) development project in Harare and Mutare cluster areas, with support from the European Union in Zimbabwe. COSPE is the Consortium Lead, and other partners include CNFA Europe and Livestock and Meat Advisory Council (LMAC).
Duties And Responsibilities
The Consortium seeks to recruit individuals (BMUAs) with requisite skills and experience to support the implementation of the above – mentioned project. She /He will be responsible for the following:
• Responsible for coordination and implementation of field level activities designed to enhance and strengthen the Poultry Business Association and the Poultry hubs in the cluster areas of operation.
• Responsible for direct coordination of poultry business unit activities at the district and ward level according to producer needs.
• Manage logistical arrangements with poultry hubs and producers for collective action.
• Keep accurate records of poultry producers feeding to the poultry hubs and the Business Management Unit (BMU) and register and profile all participating households.
• Participate in the collection of quantitative and qualitative data for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
• Generate weekly and monthly progress reports with guidance from the Poultry Extension Officer for the enhancement of the Poultry business hub.
• Carry out any other relevant work as assigned by the Poultry Extension Officer.
Qualifications And Experience
He /She should have the following qualities and attributes, and only candidates that suit the criteria below should apply:
• Academic qualification: The candidate must have at least a Certificate/Diploma/degree in Agriculture or any other relevant field from a recognized college/university.
• Have at least two years working experience with community-oriented projects.
• Demonstrate a reasonable understanding of the poultry sector of Zimbabwe.
• Outgoing personality with excellent communication skills
• Ability and willingness to stay or travel to rural locations and live in sometimes basic conditions
• Working knowledge of using standard computer software, especially MS office.
How To Apply
NB. Gross Salary Offer ZWL 4500.00 Only candidates’ resident in the five locations above need to apply. Kindly include the preferred location in the subject line.
If you have the above qualities / attributes and are available to start work by 1st April 2020, kindly send us your application and CV by close of business on the 18th of March 2020. Kindly send your responses to: