An exciting opportunity has arisen for suitably qualified and self-driven individuals in one of the leading FMCG in Zimbabwe to fill in the position of a Chef. The Chef is responsible for ensuring that the standard and quality of the food production and the hygiene within the department is maintained at the highest level at all times. This role is very much hands-on, requiring attention to detail and a positive work attitude.
Duties And Responsibilities
Key Result Areas:
• Plans and direct timeous food preparation and culinary activities
• Ensures wastage is minimized by careful supervision of food preparation and storage methods
• Oversees the ordering and control of stock levels
• Inventories food & supplies and ensure availability of items required for planned meals.
• Maintains all statutory and company standards of hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary to ensure full compliance.
• Ensures kitchen accountancy, documentation and administration procedures are carried out to the required standard
• Supervise kitchen staff’s activities and actively promotes a customer focused culture within the kitchen and service teams
Qualifications And Experience
The ideal candidate must have:
• Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality or Hotel Management.
• At least 5 O Levels, including English & Mathematics
• 3 Years’ experience in a Hospitality setup
• Customer service qualification will be an added advantage
• Good leadership and planning skills
• Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
• Task and goal-oriented with a positive attitude
• A commitment to setting and maintaining standards of excellence.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to [email protected] with title Chef no later than 31 August 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be conducted.