CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (Readvertisement) – Health Service Board
REPORTS TO: SECRETARY FOR HEALTH AND CHILD CARE
STATION: INGUTSHENI CENTRAL HOSPITAL
DUE DATE: 17 January 2020
The ideal candidate will provide leadership and strategic vision to the organisation by ensuring that the clinical, financial, legal and contractual requirements are met. The Chief Executive Officer is the Accounting Officer of the institution.
1. Developing, administering and directing the operations of the hospital inclusive of financial, human and material resources.
2. Planning, Monitoring and evaluation of the effectiveness and efficiency of service delivery methods, standards and operational procedures.
3. Ensuring that service delivery is in compliance with global and national statutes and MoHCC policy guidelines
4. Development and administration of the hospital budget including mobilisation of resources.
5. Develop and maintain systems that ensure effective and efficient utilization of essential resources.
6. Develop, implement and maintain systems that ensure availability of essential resources at the right place and at all times.
7. Promote a positive image of the Hospital with both the internal and external agencies.
8. Ensure the active and positive participation of clinicians in the management and leadership of the hospital.
9. Develop a clear management style and culture for the hospital and provide leadership to senior managers, clinicians and other staff members in the, achievement of the institution’s objectives.
10. Contribute to decision making and participating in effective discharge of the Board’s functions.
11. Manage and monitor the top hospital management’s achievement of responsibilities delegated to them.
12. Provide leadership in the development of effective services through creation of a conducive environment, which encourages initiative, enterprise, research and the delivery of clinical and supporting services.
13. Develop and maintain an integral system through which effective direction, teamwork, co-ordination and control of units within the hospital are provided.
14. Ensure effective recruitment, deployment, development and management of staff.
15. Ensure that clinical audit responsibilities are undertaken and that there is a continuous development of a strategy for quality improvement.
16. Advising the Top Management Team on Policy development and participates in the review, formulation and development of Ministry of Health and Child Care policies and strategies.
17. Communicating policy developments and national health priorities to the operational level.
18. Ensuring that adequate and meaningful financial records and vital statistics are generated and kept up to standard; and based on these produce relevant monthly, quarterly and annual and other plans and reports.
1. Postgraduate Degree (Masters or Doctorate) in Business, Finance, Economics, Strategic Management or other health related field from a recognised University.
2. At least seven (7) years relevant work experience, three (3) of which must be at senior level in a large organization, preferably health related organization.
3. Proficiency in Computer packages.
4. Must be an advocate for high quality health care standards.
5. Strategic Leadership and Health Systems Management (HSM) course, from a recognised training institution, will be an added advantage.
Prospective candidates will be subjected to mandatory psychometric tests.
Candidates who meet the requirements of the posts are invited to submit their applications accompanied by CVs and certified copies of certificates not later than 17 January 2020 to:
The Executive Director, Health Service Board, Old Parirenyatwa Hospital
P. Bag A6104 Avondale, Harare
NB: ONLY DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED IN PDF FORMAT WILL BE ACCEPTED.