Chief Internal Auditor
RESPONSIBLE TO: Secretary for Health and Child Care
GRADE: E5 (1)
DEADLINE: 17 January 2020
Responsible for ensuring accountability, probity and transparency in the management of public funds voted by Parliament to the Ministry by testing the robustness of and compliance with procedures.
• Plans, directs, manages and oversees the activities and operations of Internal Audit department.
• Provides written policies and procedures to guide audit staff and ensure audit work conforms to the standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
• Establishes strategic plans to carry out the responsibilities of the audit unit and to ensure these are consistent with the internal audit staff.
• Reviews and approves the final audit work (reports) before insurance and distributes accordingly.
• Ensures that follow-up audits are carried out to ascertain that appropriate action is taken on reported audit findings.
• Monitors and ensures that audit work fulfils the general purposes and responsibilities approved by management and is required by section 19 of the Audit and Exchequer Act (cap. 22: 03).
• Produces monthly reports on the performance of the department highlighting any matters of importance or interest arising from audit inspections
1. Degree in Accounting, IIA, CIS, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent.
2. Masters degree in Accounting or Auditing Certification will be an added advantage.
Candidates who meet the requirements of the posts are invited to submit their applications accompanied by CVs and certified copies of certificates not later than 17 January 2020 to:
The Executive Director, Health Service Board, Old Parirenyatwa Hospital
P. Bag A6104 Avondale, Harare.
NB: ONLY DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED IN PDF FORMAT WILL BE ACCEPTED.