Chief Operating Officer (COO) – IAPF Zimbabwe
Following two years of successful establishment and rapid growth, The International Anti-Poaching Foundation (Trust) now aims to consolidate and expand our Akashinga community anti-poaching and conservation program in the Zambezi Valley. Through strong partnerships with local communities and implementation of inclusive conservation and community initiatives, Akashinga will deliver long-term preservation of selected ecosystems.
To support this endeavour, IAPF seeks a Chief Operating Officer (COO) to drive progress and coordinate the business of IAPF within Zimbabwe. This newly created role will represent the Founder and Board of Trustees, taking overall responsibility for the successful delivery of IAPF business in country. The successful candidate will oversee and coordinate various tasks related to organisational management and growth and will provide leadership and mentoring to staff. The role will bear responsibility for successful management of diverse business operations in a challenging environment, so we seek an experienced and efficient leader with excellent people skills, business acumen and a strong work ethic.
Remuneration: Negotiable and competitive in line with skills and experience.
A vehicle and/or vehicle and travel allowance may be provided with the position.
• Send your application (maximum 3 pages) and current CV in Microsoft Word or PDF to [email protected]
• Your application must address the specific duties and requirements listed below and explain your level of competence and experience.
• Both females and males are encouraged to apply
• Applicants should have sufficient experience relevant to the duties outlined below
• Only Zimbabwean citizens or those with existing visas will be considered
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee Akashinga management team in charge of a growing workforce across several regions of the country
• In conjunction with the management team, liaise and coordinate with government and community leaders on behalf of IAPF
• Logistics as required in support of Akashinga and other projects
• Research and development guidance
• Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
• Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
• Establish/update/implement policies that promote company culture and vision
• Oversee daily operations of the company in Zimbabwe and the work of executives (IT, Communications, Fundraising, Finance etc.)
• Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
• Evaluate performance by analysing and interpreting data and metrics
• Write and submit reports to the CEO/BoD’s in all matters of importance
• Assist CEO/BoD in fundraising ventures
• Often be the local public face of the organisation
• Participate in expansion activities (ID opportunities, acquisitions, partnerships etc.)
• Manage relationships with partners/affiliates
• Proven experience as Chief Operating Office or similar role in Africa.
• Demonstrated competency in day to day business management with oversight of
HR, Finance and Reporting etc.
• Proven organizational and leadership abilities
• Demonstrated aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A background in conservation, law enforcement or military management would be highly regarded.
• A qualification in Business, Conservation, Project or another relevant field would be advantageous.
• Previous experience in complex, time sensitive projects, strategic planning or business development would be an advantage.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will receive a reply.
Applications close December 5, 2019.