Position: Civil Eng. Technician
Location: Old Mutual
Department: Harare Water
Reporting To: Chief Civil Engineering Technician
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for appointment in the above vacant positions in the Production Division of Harare Water Department.
Duties And Responsibilities
Responsible for the hydraulic modelling and non-revenue water analysis in the control Centre.
• Updating and calibrating hydraulic model
• Analyzing customer database
• Advising the Chief Civil Engineering Technician on operations (set-points reservoirs and pressure reduction valves)
• Executing NRW-calculations and water balances Pressure analysis.
Qualifications And Experience
Qualification and experience
• A degree or higher national diploma in civil engineering
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
• Proven experience with hydraulic modelling
• Familiar with GIS software
• Excellent skills with MS Excel
• 2 years’ experience in a related environment
Key Individual Competences
• Ability to write comprehensive reports
• Strong oral and written communication skills
How To Apply
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
• A competitive salary commensurate with the post and other benefits will be disclosed to successful candidates.
NB: City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer therefore both female and male applicants are encouraged to apply. Written application and detailed Curriculum Vitae including certified copies of relevant certificates should be submitted to:-
The Acting Human Capital Director
P.O Box 1680
Rowan Martin Building
Or hand deliver to records Office –Rowan Martin Building
(Clearly indicate on the envelope the position being applied for)