Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above position which has arisen in the Engineering Department.
Duties And Responsibilities
Main Job tasks and responsibilities
• To superintend over plumbers and fitters and all general hands under employment of council in the water section within the Engineering Department.
• Organize and supervise the construction and maintenance of water reticulation and all plumbing works within the water section.
• To inspect and process plans for their approval and also to inspect the works during and after development for compliance.
• To supervise and monitor water connections for quality of both materials and workmanship.
• Draughting longitudinal sections for sewer and water.
• Estimate quantities for sewer and water reticulation
• Contract documentation for sewer/ water projects
• Site supervision after awarding tenders to contractors
• Produce reports presenting clear and concise accounts of situations.
• Plant and equipment user controls.
• Water related problems solving by systematic analysis and approach.
• Carry out any other duties assigned by the Director of Engineering Services or his delegate
Qualifications And Experience
• At least 3 years’ experience.
• A minimum of a Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
• 5 ‘0’ level subjects with passes in English, Science and Mathematics
• Registered with the Engineering Council of Zimbabwe
• A member of the Zimbabwe Institute of Engineers (ZIE)
• Class 4 driver’s license
• Experience in a local authority or Government department will be an added advantage.
• Using mathematics to solve problems.
• Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
• Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
• Talking to others to convey information effectively.
How To Apply
NB* Please note that Municipality of Beitbridge is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates who meet the above qualifications are strongly encouraged to apply.
*Those who previously applied for the post are encouraged to re-apply.
Applications in applicants own handwriting accompanied by certified copies of academic qualifications, National I.D and detailed CV, labeled “Civil Engineer (Water and Sanitation)” to reach the undersigned not later than close of Business on 01 June 2020.
The Town Clerk
Municipality of Beitbridge
Or submit application in person at No. 290 Justitia Rd. Beitbridqe or email [email protected]