Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced members for appointment to the above position.
Duties And Responsibilities
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the successful candidates will among other things be responsible for:
• Driving combine harvesters.
• Operating combine harvesters safely and efficiently.
• Reporting any faults or concerns to the Technical manager.
• Ensuring Combine Harvesters are kept clean, tidy and in good working condition even when not in operation.
• Ability to carry out daily, weekly and end of season basic combine service.
• Ensuring Combine Harvesters are given regular or day to day maintenance checks: check oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres etc and ensure tractor repairs are carried out properly.
• Logging official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption and oil changes.
• Carrying out any activities as assigned by the Management.
Qualifications And Experience
The ideal candidates should be in possession of the following:
• Clean class 5 driver’s license is a must.
• Valid Defensive Drivers Certificate
• At least 3 years’ combine harvester driving experience.
• Certificate in combine harvester driving will be an added advantage.
• Extensive knowledge on combine harvester operation and other farming equipment
• Self-motivated and willing to work extra hours in farming conditions
• Prepared to move around farms in respective provinces
• The ability to identify and react appropriately to hazards.
• Age from 30 to 50 years.
How To Apply
The essential qualities demanded by this position are experience in combine harvester driving and a high degree of integrity & professional conduct. Applications together with copies of detailed CVs should be emailed to the [email protected] by not later than 4 September 2020. Kindly include the vacancy being applied for in the subject line of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted