To supervise shift and monitor optimal system performance, availability, data integrity and accuracy in line with the set performance target.
Duties And Responsibilities
PLANNING FOR SYSTEM UP-TIME
• Prepares shifts schedule and submits to the Core Systems & DevOps Manager prior to the discussion with subordinates
• Prepares training schedules and liases with Human Capital upon approval.
• Participates in the formulation Technology Operations plans and policies
• Participates in definition of Internal Service Level agreements
TECHNOLOGY OPERATIONS MONITORING
• Monitors and Reviews the successful execution of End of Day (EOD), month end and End of Year (EOY) activities performed by Core Systems Analysts
• Checks and reports daily to Core Systems & DevOps Manager any system challenges and interventions their within the set SLAs
• Resolves and escalates of any service disruption in line with the set standards
• Reviews and updates procedures and manuals in line with changes in business processes, requirements and Technology operating environment.
• Manages the testing and application of patches into the Core
Banking System (Flexcube) in line with patch management and change management policies.
• Checks and signs off operational checklists on a daily and weekly basis.
• Reviews systems backup logs and checks compliance with data management and backup policy.
• Reviews the Technology Operations Incidents and submits a report with recommendations to the Core Systems & DevOps Manager
• Reviews and authorizes the creation of Core Banking System (Flexcube) and peripheral systems user profiles in Technology
Operations applications and checks adherence to policy
• Reviews and consolidates the performance trends regarding capacity usage, system response time, error rates and submits a report with recommendations to the Core Systems & DevOps Manager
• Reviews and reports to Core Systems & DevOps Manager on systems maintenance daily inline with the set procedures.
DISASTER RECOVERY AND BUSINESS CONTINUITY
• Monitors and reviews back up and restoration operations for the disaster recovery site
• Checks that System backups are done and secured properly daily.
• Participates in IT risk assessment, business continuity planning, testing and evaluation
• Participates in disaster recovery plan formulation
• Reviews weekly restorations of backed up systems and check that these have been filed.
• Participate in system recoveries and establish emergency operations at DR site in the event of a disaster
• Agrees medium and short term objectives, develops a work plan, and checks that this is being carried out.
• Coaches and/or arranges for the training of staff in the understanding of Departmental procedures
Qualifications And Experience
First Degree in Computer Science , Information Systems or equivalent will be required.
• MBA an added advantage
• 3 – 4 years experience in technology or similar environment
Skills and Competencies:
• Outstanding people and business management skills.
• Highly Innovative
• Good Project management skills
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Strong relationships building and networking skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and strong adherence to deadlines and targets.
• Good problem-solving skills, Technical Pre-requisites
• Up -to -date with the current (and future) levels of Technology.
How To Apply
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to [email protected] with the Heading: “Core Systems
Specialist “or hand deliver to Human Capital Administration offices
APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH BancABC’s RECRUITMENT POLICY.
Closing date: 21 June 2020 @ 1630hrs.