GREAT ZIMBABWE UNIVERSITY VACANCY
Great Zimbabwe University, an equal opportunity employer, invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following post that have arisen within the institution:
Dean, School Of Medical Sciences (1 Post)
Deanship is a senior position in the University with incumbents being chief academic and administrative officers in Schools. The Dean’s position is a full-time contract appointment, for a period of up to four years, subject to renewal on satisfactory performance.
Desired Attributes: The Dean should:-
Duties And Responsibilities
The Duties and Responsibilities:
• Being the chief academic and administrative officer in School;
• Providing academic and administrative leadership in the School for the attainment of both corporate and School goals;
• Promoting and implementing Education 5.0 with regard to teaching, research, University service, innovation and industrialization.
• Contributing to the strategic goals of the University by drawing up and implementing School business plans;
• Maintaining performance standards and ensuring fulfillment of the service conditions for all members of staff within the School;
• Ensuring quality control at school level;
• Generating revenue for the School through partnerships and collaboration;
• Effective management of the infrastructure and other assets of the School;
• Networking and facilitating collaborations for the benefit of both students and staff;
• Chairing meetings of the School and other University Committees;
• Contributing to the evolution and maintenance of a conducive environment for learning at the University; and
• Developing and maintaining relations with alumni of the School and with other organisations and persons, with a view to enriching the academic programmes offered by the School.
Qualifications And Experience
The ideal candidate
• Have an earned doctorate.
• Be a scholar of note with credibility among his/her academic peers.
• Must have at least eight (8) years teaching experience in higher education.
• Offer academic leadership.
• Be innovative.
• Be able to plan effectively and to inspire and motivate staff in the School.
• Have a strategic vision for his/her School and for the role of the School in the institution.
• Have proven management skills.
• Experience in field work, project and higher degree supervision, as well as a proven track record of research, publications, collaboration, networking and resource mobilisation is a requirement.
• Additional attributes that would have to be demonstrated are resourcefulness, interpersonal communication skills, ability to work with a team, provide leadership and embrace diversity.
How To Apply
Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Applicants must submit six copies of applications of the following: application letter, certified copies of academic certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and detailed curriculum vitae to:
The Deputy Registrar,
Human Resources and Legal Affairs
Great Zimbabwe University P.O. Box 1235
The closing date for receipt of applications is 24th January, 2020.