Job Title : Deputy Director, Curriculum Development
Grade : E5
Reports To: Director, Vocational Training and Skills Development
Department : Vocational Training and Skills Development
Ministry : Youth, Sport, Arts and Recreation
Station : Head Office
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manage the implementation of curriculum development policies and regulations in the Department and ensure the relevance of the curricula
to the present, future needs and aspirations of the country.
2. Liaise with stakeholders such as Education Ministries in issues related to curricula and syllabi development, reviews and interpretation.
3. Provide adequate and up to date teaching and instructional materials in all Vocational Training Centres.
4. Manage the development of strategies that regulate Trainers and learning activities in all Vocational Training Centres.
5. Monitor the enrolment of students into Vocational Training Centres to ensure efficiency and transparency
6. Supervise and appraise subordinates.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
• A degree in Vocational/Technical Education, Training or Curriculum Studies.
• A Master’s degree in Vocational/Technical Education and Training or Curriculum Studies would be an added advantage.
• Should have served at least two (2) years in Principal Curriculum Development Officer or equivalent grade.
• At least six (6) years experience in technical or vocational education, training and curriculum development.
• Possess analytical, interpersonal and leadership skills.
• A strategic thinker and team player
• Computer literacy
Interested applicants are advised to send their application letters, CVs and proof of qualifications in an envelope marked with the position being
applied for by not later than 20 December 2019 to:
The Permanent Secretary
Min of Youth, Sport Arts and Recreation
Old Quality International Building
Corner Nelson Mandela and 4th St
Third Floor room 322