Nutrition Action Zimbabwe a local NGO is seeking to recruit for the following vacancies to support implementation of an emergency program titled: Providing lifesaving and protective nutrition interventions to most vulnerable children and women in 2 drought affected districts.
Position Summary: The District Program Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the planning coordination and implementation of the project in Mwenezi. S/he will work in constant collaboration with District/Province Health Department, other local authorities, government stakeholders and community members for the successful implementation of the program
Duration : 2 Months – Maternity Cover
Location : Mwenezi
Duties And Responsibilities
Ensure project team implements program activities as defined in the project document
• The District Program Coordinator will work closely with the Food and Nutrition Security Committees, District Nutrition Cluster Coordination Team and other government departments in the implementation of the project.
• Provide leadership for a coordinated emergency nutrition response to women and children affected by the drought.
• Ensure collaboration with key partners in project activities and/or training in line with programmed plans.
• Ensure effective and cohesive implementation of nutrition sensitive and nutrition specific interventions and reporting from community level to district level.
• Assist in providing life-saving nutrition treatment to all children affected by acute malnutrition in Mwenezi.
• Provide community level Infant and Young Child Feeding in Emergencies (IYCF-e) support to parents and caregivers of children below the age of two years in collaboration with other health interventions in the district.
• Ensure strengthened data collection, reporting and information system management by all levels from community, health facility and district level.
• Ensure promotion of strong linkages between the program and other existing programs.
• Facilitate coordination with authorities for all activities (share information, assist as needed and feasible for NAZ)
• Participate in meetings related to nutrition as necessary for NAZ representation and coordination with partners
• Conduct field visits regularly to check progress, provide recommendations to teams etc.
• Conduct activities as requested by the Executive Director.
Objective 2: Ensure timely routine reporting of the project activities
• Coordinate weekly/ monthly base meetings
• Generate monthly and quarterly reports (narrative and quantitative) to be submitted to the line Managers.
• Ensure that activity and training reports are compiled
• Compile statistical data and draft appropriate reports on activities
• Analyze nutrition situation and prevailing trends and provide constructive written feedback.
• Participate during programme assessments as may be determined by the line manager.
• Documentation of best practices for learning purposes and increase program visibility
Objective 3 : Ensure compliance to HR policies and practices related to program management
• Support Ward Field Officers on key nutrition aspects related to the job
• Participate in annual training plan of NAZ staff in collaboration with Admin dept,
• Supervise ward officer daily work.
• Support current and future needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
• Nurture a positive working environment.
Objective 4: Ensure implementation of financial policies and practices related to program management
• Coordinate programs and ensure effective use of resources
• Contribute to submitting timely monthly treasury forecast and budget follow-up to Log Admin
• Prepare and Submit timely financial requisitions to facilitate uninterrupted execution of duties
• Compilation of district Budget Follow up in line with Annual Progress Report activities in liaison with the Programme Director
• Conduct timely budget monitoring to ensure compliance
• Ensure compliance of financial and admin procedures by your team including drivers
Objective 5: Ensure compliance to Logistics and IT policies and practices related to program management
• Submit timely transport / accommodation request
• Ensure IT and Logistics procedures are respected by team members including drivers – specific attention to scan of computers to avoid viruses + regular backup of program documents
• Submit timely Procurement requests etc. as necessary for program implementation to Log Admin
Qualifications And Experience
Degree/ in Nutrition/Public Health/Food Science/Development Studies
• Experience in implementing integrated management of Acute Malnutrition (IMAM) interventions.
• Experience in working with Food and Nutrition Security Committees.
• Experience in representation and stakeholder coordination
• Experience in the implementation of the care group model for promotion of optimal IYCF-e practices
• Should be able to work with minimal supervision
• Should be computer literate (Microsoft word and excel, internet).
Ability to work in remote areas
• Class 3 driver’s license is an added advantage
Functional skills and knowledge:
• Remains productive under pressure.
• Strong management skills
• Demonstrates a systematic and efficient approach to work.
• Team leader and team player who works collaboratively with team members to achieve results.
• Relates and works well with people of different cultures, gender and backgrounds.
How To Apply
NAZ does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
How to apply
1. Send Cover letters with up-to-date detailed CVs and clearly indicate the post applied
for in the email subject to [email protected] not later than 24 June 2020
at close of business.
2. Fill in an application form , using a link that you will get as soon as you email your
application. The link will be sent to your application email within 24 hours of you submitting
3. Please note this is an urgent recruitment, applications will be processed as they are
received. The process may be stopped if a candidate is found before the closing date