A holding company with several subsidiaries is looking for a Draughtsman to join its Engineering department. The Incumbent will be reporting the to the chairperson and will be responsible for the following, among other duties:
Duties And Responsibilities
– Help design products with engineering and manufacturing techniques
– Add details to architectural plans from their knowledge of building techniques
– Work from rough sketches and specifications created by engineers and architects
– Specify dimensions, materials, and procedures for new products
– Prepare multiple versions of designs for review by engineers and architects
– Design plans using computer-aided design and drafting (CAD) software
– Draft and prepare layout drawings of the given structures, components and devices.
– Produce draft designs and diagrams according to the given specification
– Assist and coordinate with designers and engineers.
– Prepare drawings for sheet metal components.
– Prepare drawings and diagrams for electrical devices and installations.
– Collaborate with designers, constructors and engineers on projects.
– Calculate dimensions and allowances with accurate precision
– Compile data and specifications sheets.
– Revise drawings and layouts to accommodate changes and enhancements.
– Accommodate safety procedures and issues in installation and construction drawings
Qualifications And Experience
• A degree or higher national diploma in civil engineering/ relevant
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
• Proven experience working experience in the similar job.
• Ability to write comprehensive reports
• Strong oral and written communication skills
How To Apply
If you wish to be considered for the above positions, clearly state the vacant position being applied for and submit your application, Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of academic and/or professional certificates to: [email protected] Applications to be received not later than 18 March 2020.