CARE International in Zimbabwe is recruiting for an Education Project targeting Mutare and Buhera Districts in Manicaland Province, aiming to strengthen the agency and capacities of adolescent girls and young women, and the broader education ecosystem that supports them so as to promote sustained engagement in secondary education and/or training and their successful transition to adulthood. The organisation seeks to recruit outstanding candidates who are known for their excellence, professionalism, integrity and who are committed to providing support towards the improvement of quality of education for vulnerable women and girls in remote locations of the targeted province.
Duties And Responsibilities
Reviews and adapts teacher G & C in-service/pre service training packages and engage the relevant ministry for approval.
• Collaborates with MoPSE and relevant community stakeholders in the development of a framework for DRR, develop school resilience projects and innovative lesson plans to integrate the approach into the curriculum as well as supporting the development of models for piloting VSLs and IGAs in schools and communities
• Provides input to Gender Analysis and Needs Assessment processes and apply the findings from these processes into project activities as relevant
• Contributes to the strategy development for the implementation of VSL activities in schools and communities
• Leads in the development and implementation of in-service teacher training workshops based on project models, of DRR and school resilience projects, and in integrating these interventions into the school curriculum and class activities.
• Provides capacity building, ongoing coaching and mentorship support to teacher facilitators, schools heads, Child Protection committees and school development committees focusing on the quality of teaching and learning through support of the new classroom approaches
• Provides technical support in the establishment of girls’ leadership camps and girls’ peer-to-peer networks, including the integration of ASRH, literacy, numeracy and financial literacy skills building.
• Provides input on the development of relevant M&E tools for process monitoring, including monitoring of quality delivery and fidelity of implementation working in close coordination with the CUSA & CANADA M&E Specialists and the project MEL specialist.
• Monitors teaching and learning quality in schools as well as implementation of IGAs, VSLs, and DRR and school resilience projects.
• Documentation of lessons learned on the implementation and impact of project interventions
• Utilizes monitoring data to review and refine project approaches, and to identify challenges to fidelity of implementation
• Participates in quarterly and annual report writing sessions for donor submission, including leading on the development of certain sections of the report as required
• Establishes and maintains relevant district level relationship with key stakeholders (e.g., MoPSE, Gender) in furtherance of his/her work in close collaboration with the Team Leader
• Participates in relevant district, provincial, national and consortium technical working group platforms
• Ensures that IASC core principles and Safeguarding standards are met and maintained accordingly during project planning and implementation.
Qualifications And Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required (master’s degree would be an added advantage) in education or related discipline.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a leadership or management position providing technical support to partner staff for ASRH, financial literacy and Leadership components
• Experience with participatory learning and teaching pedagogy as well as working with groups in supporting education initiatives
• Demonstrated understanding of the education environment of Zimbabwe.
• Understanding of the Zimbabwean education policy and new curriculum framework
• Strong skills in the application of participatory learning and teaching pedagogy
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Creative thinker with ability to be flexible in demanding situations.
How To Apply