A local leading Insurance Group of Companies with International Alli-ance is seeking to fill in the following vacancy: FUND ACCOUNTING TRAINEE Duties:
Reporting to the Fund Accountant the main roles and responsibilities of this role will include:
Duties And Responsibilities
1. Collecting and allocating premium and pension contributions receipts in line with procedures in place.
3. Recording cash book and general ledger transactions for all products under the Employee Benefits Portfolio.
4. Preparing pension fund financial statements in accordance with reporting standards that may be prescribed by regulators from time to time.
5. Managing credit and institute debt redemption actions in line with pension and insurance sector protocols.
6. Preparing premium and contribution reconciliations.
7. Preparing Bank Reconciliations for allocated portfolio.
8. Preparing Investment/Asset Managers’ reconciliations for allocated portfolio.
9. Participating in the process of compiling Pension Fund and Insurance Returns on a quarterly basis. 10. Handling internal and external audits for the Employee Benefits portfolio.
Qualifications And Experience
Key qualifications, experience & competencies
Preferred educational 6 experience requirements:
• At least a 2:1 pass in an Accounting or Finance Degree.
• Minimum 1-year experience (attachment) in the Accounting or Finance field.
Exposure to pension fund and insurance regulations will be an added advantage.
• Must be results driven and goal oriented
• Have an appreciation of accounting systems in a pension and insurance environment or related sector.
• Be able to exercise maturity and work autonomously with minimum supervision.
• Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
How To Apply
Interested candidates, please send application letters together with your CV’s, clearly stating position applied for in the subject field not later than the 7th of September 2020 to [email protected]
Being an equal opportunity employer, applications are encouraged from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, sex, or disability.