A growing youth-focused NGO is looking for a solid professional to fill the vacancy of Finance and Administration Officer. Based in Chitungwiza and reporting to the Director, the incumbent will be responsible for operationalising the organization’s (i) financial management and (ii) administration and policies.
Duties And Responsibilities
1. Financial management
• Preparing organizational and project budgets for projects and budgetary control, i.e. ensuring expenditure is compliant to budgets,
• Providing financial advice/guidance to the Director to ensure that strategic decisions with a financial implication are sound,
• Ensure all financial transactions strictly comply with organization policies and with donor contracts/agreements, guidelines and regulations,
• Training/inducting staff on the organization’s finance and administration policies, donor contracts/agreements, guidelines and regulations to ensure that their conduct guarantees compliance at all times,
• Prepare for annual external audits and respond to auditors if required.
• Reporting to the board on financial and administration.
• Cash management; supervising the Petty Cashier and ensuring that all petty cash transactions comply with the organization’s cash management policy,
• Ensure that all financial records are complete, up to date and filed systematically,
• Accurately enter all daily transactions into the books of accounts, using QuickBooks and produce relevant reports, present these to the board for review and approval,
• Manage bank accounts and prepare periodic reconciliation statements,
• Scrutinize and release all requisitions for authorization by the Director in accordance with organization’s financial management policies and established approval levels,
• Process payroll, calculate and remit tax and other statutory obligations; ZIMRA, NSSA, and complete necessary returns,
• Management of debtors, creditors and reimbursements of employee expenses and ensuring timely payment to all service providers.
• Prepare monthly financial reports of each project for Director and the board,
• Perform month-end closing and year -end duties such as reconciliations, VAT reconciliations, PAYE returns, inventory lists, etc
• Responsible for procurement activities in accordance with organization’s procurement policy,
• Provide assistance to program staff and project budget preparation.
• Responsible for consolidating all the programs and operational transactions for specific donors, for annual reports and for sharing with relevant stakeholders.
• Manage the organisation’s operations; logistics, security, IT, records management,
• Ensure registration requirements with various authorities are kept current at all times and files statutory returns and renewals
• Manage leases to make sure they are current and amendments are processed as required,
• Maintain asset registers, conducting regular stock control and update accounting records accordingly,
• Conduct payroll administration using Belina Time Systems,
• Ensure all IT equipment is properly functioning, including security of information, backups etc.
• Maintain finance and administration files
• Carry out any other tasks as assigned by the Director.
Qualifications And Experience
• Minimum professional qualifications; CIS, CIMA, SAAA, IAC
• At least 8 years of working experience, at least 3 of which must be in NGO environment,
• Demonstrable familiarity and experience with donor regulations,
• Thorough knowledge of and experience with Quick Books,
• Ability to present financial reports (orally and in writing),
How To Apply
If you feel you have what it takes to perform in this job, please send your detailed CV, 1-page motivation letter and preferred starting salary to [email protected] by 5pm on Thursday 31 December 2020.