POSITION: Skilled Worker 4 – 2 – Fitter & Turner ( 10 Positions)
GRADE : 12/11/10
LOCATION: Warren Control/Morton Jaffray
REPORTING TO: Skilled Worker I Fitter &Turner
DEPARTMENT: Harare Water
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for appointment to the above vacant positions in the Installation and Maintenance Division of the Harare Water Department
Duties And Responsibilities
The incumbent, who will be working under the direction of a Skilled Worker Class 1 Fitter & Turner, shall be responsible for the installation, repair and maintenance, including fitting of all mechanical plant and machinery and machinery components such as pumps, valves, fans, blowers, compressors, mixers & gearboxes.
KEY RESULT AREAS
• Removal and installation of plant and equipment
• Disassembling and re-assembling plant and machinery brought to the workshop
• Basic plant and equipment servicing – lubrication, filter, oil and coolant changes.
• Carry out field repairs, adjustments and maintenance of plant as required.
• Basic component repair and manufacture
Qualifications And Experience
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Skilled Worker Class 4 (Grade 1 2)
• Skilled Worker Class 3 (Grade 11)
• Skilled Worker Class 2 (Grade 10)
• At least 4 years in a mechanical held
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of disassembling and reassembling procedures
• Demonstrate the know-how in identification, removing and fitting of bearings and seals
• Competent in machine/equipment installations, relocations and (re)alignment.
• Conversant with shaping tools and shaping operations.
• Conversant with safety and basic processes of gas and arc welding, cutting, brazing and solder,
• Conversant with measuring and marking off allowances, tolerances and fits for machining purposes
• Be able to understand technical language
How To Apply
CQMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
A competitive salary commensurate with the post and other benefits will be disclosed candidates.
NB: City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer therefore both female and applicants are encouraged to apply.
Written application and detailed Curriculum Vitae including certified copies of relevant certificates should be submitted to:-
The Acting Human Capital Director
P.O Box 1680
Rowan Martin Building
Or hand deliver to records Office –Rowan Martin Building
(Clearly indicate on the envelope the position being applied for)