Zimplats is seeking to fill the above vacancy with a suitably qualified and experienced candidate. This senior position will report to the Technical Director:
Duties And Responsibilities
• Leading the company’s engineering and stay in business projects portfolio to support the
• Participation in the functional strategy planning.
• Implementing engineering best practices and compliance to standards.
• Capital budgeting and effective implementation of the stay in business plan.
• Engineering and projects human resources capability development.
• Carrying out capital projects feasibility studies.
• Leading the engineering maintenance function.
• Managing technology and innovation to achieve world class assets modernisation and target
• Optimising operations utilities to improve efficiencies and costs.
• Monitoring and ensuring compliance with engineering standards, policies and procedures among others.
• Formulating and championing the company’s assets maintenance systems in accordance with international standards and emerging trends.
• Managing project integration, scope, time, cost, quality, human resources, communications, risk management and procurement.
Qualifications And Experience
• A BSc degree in Electrical or Mechanical engineering or equivalent.
• Minimum of 12 years managerial experience in a mining and processing environment.
• Extensive and proven project management and asset care skills and experience.
• Demonstrable experience in managing stay in business projects.
• Excellent civil, mechanical and electrical engineering knowledge and skills.
• Strong writing, computer and interpersonal skills.
• Exposure to condition monitoring tools and international standards.
How To Apply
Written applications from persons meeting the above criteria together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of qualifications to be sent by 15 January 2020 to:
Email: [email protected]
NB: Only candidates meeting the above specifications will be considered. Please accept that applications not responded to within one week of the closing date have not been successful.