Applicants are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following vacancies which have arisen in the company within the following Cities:-Harare, Gweru, Kwekwe, Masvingo, Chinhoyi, Kadoma, Chiredzi, Mutare, Gwanda and Bulawayo.
Duties And Responsibilities
• This position reports to the Divisional Operations Manager
Day to day management of workshop team of motor mechanics, automobile
electricians, coachbuilders, trimmers, welders and painters,
Ensure high fleet availability through implementation of available
Preventive Maintenance programs,
Offer state of the art maintenance and repair services to fleet including
overhauls to transmission system, engines, differentials, suspension
system, braking system, body repairs e.t.c. to ensure high fleet reliability, Ensure compliance to statutory regulations particularly Certificate of
Fitness (COF) amongst operational fleet,
Ensure that buses complete their trips through timeous response to
breakdowns (as they arise) and championing root cause analysis sessions on breakdowns to avoid recurrence in liaison with the Engineer,
• Report writing and
• Any other duties as assigned by superior.
Qualifications And Experience
• Must be an apprentice trained motor mechanic or diesel plant fitter with at least 5 years hands on experience preferably in the transport industry,
• Must have at least 3 years experience as a Foreman. Supervisory experience in the transport industry is an added advantage,
• Must be aged between 35 45 years,
• Must have at least a class two driver’s license.
• Must have at least a National Certificate in Motor Mechanics or Automotive Engineering from a reputable institution,
• Possession of a supervisory qualification will be an added advantage,
• Knowledge of SAP ERP system will be an added advantage.
How To Apply
Applications with detailed CV’s and certified copies of certificates clearly
indicating position being applied for and preferred station should be submitted
Human Resource Manager
Zimbabwe United Passenger Company
P.O. Box 3298
Or hand delivered to the nearest ZUPCO Depot. Not later than 24thJanuary 2020.
Vacancy: Head Mechanic Southern Division- Khami Depot
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Location: Harare, Gweru, Kwekwe, Masvingo, Chinhoyi, Kadoma, Chiredzi, Mutare, Gwanda and Bulawayo.
Application Deadline: Jan. 24, 2020