Job Summary HEAD OF GENERAL INVESTMENTS
PURPOSE: General Investments, by both local and foreign investors, are critical to accelerating growth, innovation, job creation, all central to the delivery of Vision 2030, transforming Zimbabwe into an Upper-Middle Income Economy. The Head of Investments will play a strategic role in ensuring the delivery of ZIDA’s General Investments mandate, in line with Part V of the Zimbabwe Investment and Development Agency Act [Chapter 14:37]. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and working with wider internal and external strategic stakeholders, the Head of Investment will help structure, promote, mobilize, and deliver both local and foreign investment into Zimbabwe. They are expected to design and implement a globally competitive strategic framework for delivering General Investments in Zimbabwe. They will maintain wide-ranging knowledge of Investment Promotion Agencies in general, investment products, services, and strategic issues, and provide information and advice to clients and stakeholders. Investments include, but are not limited to, investment promotion programs, investment exhibitions, market sounding, investment structuring, syndication, development in line with SDGs1, project development, bonds, equity, share listing and offering, private debt, restructurings, M&A, privatizations, etc.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Lead the design, development, delivery, and implementation of a strategic Investment framework to allow ZIDA to deliver investment across the Zimbabwean economy guided by existing strategic frameworks, including NDS 1
• Lead and manage team members and other strategic internal and external stakeholders, to deliver ZIDA’s General Investments products and services
• Engage in regular research and market insight and sounding to stay appraised of the Zimbabwean economy, regional and African economic landscape, global financial markets, emerging trends, and general current events as they affect ZIDA and the broader Investment Climate
• Encourage investment into Aggregation and Adaptation strategies across the economy delivering value through beneficiation, and localization of value chains among others
• Maintain current knowledge about ZIDA’s products and services available to investor clients and stakeholders, including but not limited to bonds, equity, share listing and offering, private debt, M&A, privatizations, etc.
• Lead and manage the team, including managers and investment analysts, and other team members across ZIDA, to assess financial information and investment opportunities
• Present investment opportunities, financial analysis, and structuring while pitching proposed course of action in internal and external meetings with clients
• Structure, develop and use financial models of varying complexity to project future earning and profit potential and uses this data to inform decisions and proposals to stakeholders
• Lead, manage and deliver ZIDA’s General Investments products and services
• Drive engagement with local and international investment teams, strategic partners, etc., including analysts and other managers, to stay up to date about market situations, new opportunities and use this to improve ZIDA’s more comprehensive product and service offering
• Lead, develop and deliver Investments working with our strategic investment partners including DFIs, corporates, investment organizations, and insurance companies
• Implement Innovative Solutions to deliver General Investments, further accelerating economic growth
• Drive Investment into Development in line with the Sustainable Development Goals, SDGs attracting capital from the Government, DFIs, and private capital including Social Impact funds
• Develop relationships with clients, and investment partners, including already licensed investors, to expand client network to help further contribute investment into the country
• Analysis and Reporting of Investment data and trends to summarize findings, develop weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to stakeholders
• Work across Operations as needed, OSISC, and across ZIDA to strategically support the delivery of Investments
• Engage in Knowledge Management processes across OSISC, Operations, and the rest of ZIDA by sharing Investment reports and key strategic takeaways, tracking, and sharing best practices in Investment across ZIDA
• Follow and observe set operating procedures, guidelines, systems, and processes
• Improve Zimbabwe’s Doing Business and Global Competitiveness rankings
• Policies, Strategy, and Planning
• Investments processing and administration
• Knowledge Sharing and Management
• Leadership and Management
KEY PARTNERS AND CLIENTS
• Government and Agencies
• State-Owned Enterprises
• Local Corporates
• Local and International Developers
• Pension Funds
• Development Partners
• Local and International Investors
Qualifications And Experience
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Essential: An advanced qualification in Investment Management, Business Management, Portfolio Management, Statistics, Corporate Finance, Risk Management, Mathematics, etc.
• Preferable: Experience in Investments and Finance, including at managerial level, or holder of advanced certification, e.g., MBA, CFA.
• Significant professional experience in Investments, including hands-on experience in originating, structuring and executing debt, equity investment and hands-on experience developing and financing general investments, including structuring and delivery
• Syndication experience a significant plus
• An excellent understanding of both public and private multi-asset investment, market instruments and market sources of financing and other sources of funding and risk management in Zimbabwe, the region, across Africa and beyond
• Knowledge of fundraising, corporate finance, due diligence, risk management, and investment advisory in developing capital markets, including in Africa
• Strong technical, financial modeling skills, especially in corporate finance quantitative, statistical analysis
• International markets experience, including investor and client networks, are a plus
• Demonstrable portfolio of executed investment mandates
• Client-centric culture, with an ability to effectively engage with clients and business partners at a
team, senior and strategic level
• Strong background in investment or development banking or transaction advisory with experience in private sector investments, state-owned entities, utilities/infrastructure authorities, and government.
• The candidate must have a strong track record of excellence in written communications.
• Ability to manage, support, and mentor team members
• Strong business judgment and problem-solving skills
• Competence in the use of Standard Enterprise and Investment Technology, Market Data, and Risk analysis technology is highly desirable.
How To Apply
The Zimbabwe Investment and Development Agency (ZIDA) is an investment agency responsible for promoting and facilitating local and foreign investment. The promulgation of the ZIDA Act, which repealed the Zimbabwe Investment Authority, the Zimbabwe Special Economic Zones Authority, and the Joint Ventures Act, provides a clear, comprehensive, and binding legal and regulatory framework for conducting investment activities by both domestic and foreign investors in the country.
To apply access this link https://bit.ly/2Ld3sIP using your Gmail account. The position remains open until filled.