Head of Security An opportunity has arisen within Nyatsime College for suitably qualified persons to fill in the position of Head of Security. The successful incumbent will be reporting to the Principal and is responsible for providing security and loss control to the school with emphasis on the adequacy and effectiveness of loss control systems. The role involves overseeing all security functions working closely with other members of the teaching staff across the school.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
▪ Oversee all security Guards
▪ Designing a duty roster for the department.
▪ Inducting and training personnel.
▪ Supervising personnel on duty.
▪ Reporting to the Principal/ Vice-Principal / Bursar security matters.
▪ Attending security meetings with administration/Board.
▪ Taking up routing security duties.
▪ Any other duties as assigned by Principal / Vice-Principal / Bursar.
▪ Oversee the day-to-day administrative function of the Security Department
▪ Ensure the security of the school’s physical facilities, assets and staff Maintain law and order at school premises.
▪ Develop security-related policies and recommend mitigation strategies to the by Principal / Vice-Principal.
▪ Loss prevention by ensuring key control guidelines are put in place and adhered to
▪ Detect and supervise the investigation of theft, irregularities and other security breaches and produce reports
▪ Report criminal cases that may arise to the Police and attend to matters at Court
▪ Supervise and control work activities for all Security staff
▪ Train security staff on security standards, policies, procedures, and awareness
▪ Orient new students on security-related matters
▪ Attend to calamities and incidences that may occur on school premises
▪ 2 years relevant working experience
▪ Reliable with ability to work independently
▪ Must be reputable
a) Must be a holder of at least an ‘0’ Level certificate with 5 subject passes.
b) A relevant Diploma/ Certificate in Security
c) ZRP, ZPCS, Army experience (a distinct advantage)
Candidates meeting the above requirements should submit the following documents;
• Application letter • Detailed Curriculum Vitae • Certified copy of National I.D. • Certified copy of Birth Certificate • Certified Copies of professional and academic certificates
Forward Applications to The 6th Floor Nicoz diamond Building 30 Samora Machel Avenue Harare. C/O Legacy Building Leaders Or Email to; [email protected]
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews.Closing date for applications 3 January 2020