The job exists to maintain a harmonious Industrial Relations environment and welfare for the workers and to help resolve workplace disputes. The incumbent will assist in negotiating collective agreements with unions and management. The Industrial Relations Officer works with union leaders/members, company’s Human Resource team and management.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Assist with Labor Relations issues such as disciplinary and grievance procedures and arranging for Board Enquiries when these arise to ensure fairness and discipline is observed
• Advise on the operation of industrial awards and agreements
• Undertake negotiations on rates of pay and conditions of employment for employees and employers
• Advise others on the proper procedures for carrying out negotiations and on the special regulations relating to employment and salary agreements
• Assist in negotiating collective agreements, employment issues and policies.
• Develop and administer policies on different employee classifications, wage structures and related matters
• Maintain good relationships between employers and employees
• Ensure that workers committee is in place to create a platform for all employees to address their grievances.
• Ensure mutual collaboration between the top management level and union members among workers.
• Advise or provide solutions on employment related matters.
• Examine and attempt to resolve industrial disputes and grievances in the workplace.
• Interpret relevant industrial legislation i.e the laws which are formulated by parliament to control industrial practices in the workplace.
• Conduct research into industrial relations issues (e.g. the effect s of changes in work practices on productivity)
• Provide advice, develop and negotiate enterprise-based agreements.
• Take minutes during hearings for future reference and correspondence.
Qualifications And Experience
• 5 ‘0’ Level passes including Maths and English language
• Degree in Industrial Relations / Human Resource Management or any Social Science Degree
• Diploma in Industrial Relations
• At least 5 years’ experience in a similar Position
• Working knowledge with Labour Laws of Zimbabwe
How To Apply
Written applications including CVs and certified copies of certificates should be submitted not later than 4:30pm on Thursday 11 June 2020 to:
Director Human Resources & Administration
Zimbabwe National Road Administration
489 Runiville, Glenroy Crescent,