MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The position exists to ensure compliance with occupational safety, health and environmental laws, procedures, guidelines and specifications and to provide advice on measures needed to minimize hazards or unhealthy situations at all work sites. The incumbent shall focus primarily on prevention of accidents and is expected to be detail-oriented and ready to act in emergencies.
Duties And Responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Establish a safe workplace accosting to legal standards and foster a culture of
attention to safety, health and environment management in all work sites.
• Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
• Prepare and update safety, health and environmental management plans, always review them on a regular basis and keep them up to date.
• Raising awareness on health and safety issues among employees.
• Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures on Safety, Health and Environment.
• Initiate organize and conduct safety, health and environmental training for ZINARA employees.
• Inspect work sites and the work of personnel on a regular basis to identify issues or nonconformity and enforce necessary actions where unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy are detected.
• Oversee installations, maintenance and disposal of substances, plant and equipment to ensure they are done in conformity with applicable laws and industry best practice.
• Record and investigate incidents including near misses to determine the cause and propose improvements to processes in the future.
• Prepare reports on incidents and compile statistical information to present to
Executive and Management on Safety, Health and Environment matters.
• Ensure a safe workplace environment is always maintained without risk to health and safety of everyone including ZINARA staff, other stakeholders and general pubic.
• Ensure that safety inspections, risk assessments, working procedures me managed, and employees are aware of the:- responsibilities in relation to health and safety issues.
• Ensure full and accurate health and safety training records are documented.
• Establish a full programme of documented Safety, Health and Environment inspections, audits and checks.
• Establish a Safety, Health and Environment Committee, manage and devise the agenda for, chair and formulate & distribute minutes for the Health &Safety Committee meetings.
• Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at week legislation and communicate relevant changes to the stakeholders.
• Provide regular reports to the Human Resource Manager on relevant health and safety activities.
Qualifications And Experience
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor of Environmental Science Honours Degree in Safety, Health and Environmental Management
• Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
• Experience working with Occupational Health Management Systems
• At least ;years in a strong safety cult me environment
• Clean class 4 Driver’s license.
How To Apply
Written applications including CVs and certified copies of certificates should be submitted not later than Thursday 20 February 2020 to:
Director Administration & Human Resources
Zimbabwe National Road Administration
Stand No. 489