To deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.
To deliver standard software and hardware support services, as well as monitoring and maintaining a wide range of information sources, to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.
Duties And Responsibilities
1. Carry-out system and equipment maintenance tasks, such as back-up system data and system protection, to ensure they are running effectively and enable easy and efficient use.
2. Undertake basic monitoring and troubleshooting of server systems to ensure a consistent
delivery of IT services to staff.
3. Respond to basic queries about technology and systems to support the correct application of
4. Receive and inspect all incoming assets and report discrepancies in IT materials inventory to
senior colleagues to ensure materials are effectively tracked.
5. Perform basic beta testing and support the roll out of new versions of centrally supported
software to ensure software is operational for WFP staff.
6. Ensure information is up to date and accurate within inventories, databases, websites, and
archives in order to support senior officers in managing these systems.
7. With direction from senior colleagues, collate information to be included in standard material
such as training documentation and web content, to contribute to the availability of information about services and products.
8. Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in
enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
Qualifications And Experience
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education.A post-secondary Diploma or degree in Computer Science, Information Systems. is a distince advantage.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Shona/ Ndebele.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
At least 4 years professional experience resolving level 1 IT technical issues.
Must have strong technical skills with an ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team.
Have strong client orientation skills,
Ability to work systematically, use initiative, good judgement,
Ability to communicate complex matters both orally and in writing;
Proven ability to work in a team environment and achieve common goals.
Must have Training and/or experience in Windows operating systems, CCNA and strong knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, project management and other standard WFP software packages and systems
How To Apply
Click View More Information https://career5.successfactors.eu//career?career_ns=job_listing&company=C0000168410P&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_GB&career_job_req_id=120344&_ga=2.113611079.1398778311.1586413279-1697510006.1584284205