Provides support to the Programs Team in the design, planning, monitoring and evaluation of the project by managing data and facilitating programme implementation, under the guidance and direct supervision of the Field supervisor
Duties And Responsibilities
1. Ensures planning and implementation of the projects, focusing on overall M&E framework of the projects:
• Assist in the development of the project Monitoring and Evaluation plan and its effective and efficient implementation.
• Ensure that log frame performance and impact indicators are defined and are SMART.
• Develop measurement methods and identify data sources for project performance and impact indicators, in conjunction with respective project component teams.
• Provide quality assurance through the development and implementation of an M&E Operations and Reporting Manual for the project.
• Ensure that the purpose of the M&E Operating Manual is being achieved and enabling decision-making on the project progression and development.
• Assist with the development of a consolidated monthly reporting system and format for project staff, with designated sections for each project component.
• Assist in the conduct of project baseline and progress surveys (appropriate sample size and sampling survey methods and data collection procedures, data verification though, periodic site visits, where appropriate provide or facilitate necessary training).
• Support the team members and project partners in the development of critical learning events, which will provide the opportunity to examine issues that arise during project implementation. These events aim to provide the team with critical information to enable them to make decisions in relation to their respective components and the project as a whole.
• Prepare annual work plans and associated budgets for M&E related activities at base level.
2. Ensure proper monitoring and reporting focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Draft regular M&E project reports and assist in the preparation of project evaluation and/or review reports.
• Provide support to improve monitoring and reporting mechanism through revised monitoring and reporting framework,through collaboration with the program team at field levels;
• Present and analyse data based on information needs of project team and partners to ensure proper monitoring and reporting of the project MEAL system.
• Compile and consolidate project component reports weekly/monthly/quarterly/bi-annually.
• Assist in compilation of quarterly monitoring reports/QMR and bi-annual report.
• Assist in drafting of quarterly, annual and other reports required by NAZ and/or donor.
• Ensure that project data are entered and updated on a timely basis.
• Update data for press releases and pages for project webpages, as needed.
• Keep archive of case studies, human interest stories,stories of change .
• Prepare regular progress reports on activities undertaken, results achieved against targets and plan for follow up actions.
• Ensure that lessons learned are fed back into project implementation.
• Provide capacity development support to project staff, including government partners.
• Assist the project reviews and evaluations.
4. Provides support in ensuring facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Provide support to improve reporting, capturing stories from the field and/or other stakeholder;
• Facilitate capacity building & contribute to development of the knowledge management system
• Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Qualifications And Experience
– Degree (development field);
• Technical Training qualifications desired: Basic M&E skills
• Experience: 1-2 years of experience in data management,
• M&E 2 years’ experience in a similar position .
• Humanitarian context experience.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Experience in food security project an added advantage
How To Apply
Applications and detailed curriculum vitae with the position clearly highlighted in the
Subject line can be sent out to: [email protected] by 2 Sept 2020 COB