Duties And Responsibilities
Within the framework of the Company’s objectives and yearly action plans the position is accountable for the following:
· Implements the Health, Safety and Environmental Management System and processes in the Section
· Ensures completion of mechanical maintenance works with the highest level of quality, safety and effectiveness at minimum cost to maximise equipment availability.
· Implements preventive and predictive maintenance practices, and contribute to their improvement.
· Manages and motivate the team to ensure co-ordination and co-operation amongst other departments.
· Optimises costs in the section
· Implements the approved Plant Operating Model in the Section.
· Ensures that all mechanical works are carried out in line with the company’s Maintenance guidelines and best practices
· Controls the execution and the quality of maintenance work carried out in the Plant by subordinates and or sub-contractors.
· Optimises maintenance activities in the section to ensure timely completion of works and adherence to approved budgets at all times.
· Implements and controls systems through which quality of work is monitored and controlled on an ongoing basis to reduce repeat failures and enhance plant reliability.
· Responsible for the development of a 3 year investment plan in their section.
· Prepares and controls the annual sectional budget.
· Carries out projects and programs as directed by the Maintenance Manager.
· Attends to breakdowns and plant callouts during standby.
· Coaches and mentors direct reports and other critical team members.
Qualifications And Experience
Educational Background & Experience
· Holder of a BSc/ BEng (Hon) Mechanical Engineering Degree or its equivalent
· Member of ECZ and ZIE Registration an added advantage
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in cement or heavy manufacturing industry
· Proven people management skills (at least 2 years Head of an operational department).
· In-depth knowledge of Maintenance Management Methods, Condition Monitoring and Predictive Maintenance Process
· Good knowledge of SAGE or equivalent.
· Detailed knowledge of the Factory and Works Act and other Factories applicable statutory instruments.
· General knowledge of Mechanical/Electrical Engineering and Industrial automation.
· Experience in the development of Quality Management Methods e.g. ISO 9000
Leadership & Behavioural Skills
· Team oriented.
· Results driven (SHE, cost, reliability).
· Good organisational and communication skills.
· Leadership capacity.
· People development.
· Good attention to detail, excellent analytical skills
How To Apply
Interested candidates must send applications to [email protected] no later than Monday 13 September 2020