1. Position: MER Officer
2. Reporting to : MER Coordinator
3. Project summary: FACT’s Children Tariro (CT) Faith and Communities Initiative (FCI) Project seeks to mitigate the impact of HIV and AIDS on Zimbabwe’s communities and improving justice for children by enhancing HTS, care and support services. The FCI project will provide a critical continuum of care and is earmarked to contribute to epidemic control through social-economic interventions that reduce vulnerability to HIV/AIDS. It strategically complements the four pillars of the National Action Plan for Orphans and vulnerable children which seek to strengthen children, their families and government to provide comprehensive care and supportive environment for children.
4. Purpose of the position: The Monitoring Evaluation Reporting Officer is responsible for Coordinating Monitoring, Evaluation and reporting activities under the FCI project. The MER Officer supports the MERC in the development and management of the Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP), all data collection and research activities.
5. Roles and responsibilities: Coordinating the FCI District monitoring, evaluation and reporting in 6 Children Tariro Districts. Supporting MERC & MERS in the development and management of the Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) and all data collection activities FCI. Technical M&E support to partners and districts FCI. Initial Consolidations of District Reports FCI. Support Research activities. District Data Collection, Analysis & Reporting (Using statistical Packages). Indicator tracking -input, output, outcome and impact level monitoring and reporting.
6. Data quality management to meet 5 dimensions of quality (validity, reliability, timeliness, precision and accuracy). Design of data collection tools – quantitative and qualitative. Validation of data collection tools for completeness, consistency and accuracy (data cleaning).
7. Experience and qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or a related field.
• Conversant with M&E basic database packages.
• A minimum of 1 year experience in the monitoring and evaluation.
• Demonstrated knowledge of information management systems and database use
Interested candidates can submit application letter together with detailed CV to [email protected] : not later than 17 January 2020. Please write – MERO on the subject of your email.
-FACT commits itself to protecting children whom its staff, volunteers as well as outsiders may get into contact with. The organisation’s mandate is to serve the best interest of all children through protection from abuse, harm and exclusion, child participation and development in all its programs.
-Our Organisation an equal opportunity employer who does not discriminate in terms of race, tribe, place of origin, political opinion, colour, creed, gender, pregnancy, HIV/AIDS status or, subject to the Disabled Persons Act [Chapter 17:01].
NB: Only short listed candidates will be notified.