The Nutritionist will be responsible to guide nutrition work for the organisation with the aim to further develop and implement nutrition strategies.
Duties And Responsibilities
Program Management & Technical Support:
• Proposing a strategy for addressing the problem of malnutrition which is adapted to the local context
• Timely and high-quality implementation of planned nutrition activities and raising alerts on any delays or excessive or under-use of resources
• Timely and high-quality reporting, both internal and external, of nutrition activities, together with a critical analysis
• Ensuring adherence to the current nutrition protocols in the health facilities
• Management of nutrition programming in all districts where NAZ is operating
• Support the implementation of timely and accurate data collection systems, monitor data for accuracy, and respond appropriately with programmatic changes as needed to meet targets.
• Assess staff training needs and make appropriate referrals for training. Where required, organize, facilitate and/or provide training of nutrition personnel.
• Play an active role in investigating upcoming funding opportunities and the development of proposals, budget and project review processes.
• Ensure compliance with WHO and MOHCC guidelines and policies in each program component.
• Promote the development of a sustainable health program by offering creative ideas and new approaches to solving problems in the health program.
• Work in close collaboration and liaison with other NAZ departments (MEAL, FSL, WASH, Logistics, Administration, and Finance)
Coordination & Representation:
• Coordinate nutrition activities with Ministries of Health, UN agencies, other implementing partners and funding agencies.
• Coordinate nutrition and health program development with MOHCC and local leadership with a focus on using a
• community development approach at all stages of program planning and implementation.
• Organize and implement the nutrition program and ensure that the program complies with Ministry of Health guidelines.
• Ensure that the local authorities and particularly the District/ Province Health Department are involved in the planning,
• implementation and monitoring of quality program
• Liaise with key partners including District Health Departments, local leaders, NGO partners, and other stakeholders
• (as necessary) to ensure good links between malnutrition treatment and other sectors
• Attend relevant internal and external meetings as directed by the Executive Director
Administrative and Other Duties:
• Provide regular written reports on activities
• Manage the overall planning of stock levels, making sure that they are sufficient for the functioning of the program
• Orient new staff and visitors on the nutrition program and activities at national and field level
• Under the direction of the Executive Director, take up responsibilities such as overall program management; work planning; meetings and workshops attendance.
Qualifications And Experience
Degree in Nutrition/Public Health
• Working experience of at least four years in Primary Health Care with 2 years at managerial level
• Should be able to work with minimal supervision
• Should be computer literate (Microsoft word and excel).
• Ability to work and or support work in remote areas
Functional skills and knowledge:
• Ability to coordinate activities in a region with autonomy
• Demonstrates a systematic and efficient approach to work.
• Works collaboratively with team members to achieve results.
• Relates and works well with people of different cultures, gender and backgrounds.
How To Apply
1. Send Cover letters with up-to-date detailed CVs and clearly indicate the post applied
for in the email subject to [email protected] by 16TH of September 2020 COB
2. Fill in an application form , using a link that you will get as soon as you email your
application. The link will be sent to your application email within 24 hours of you submitting
3. Please note this is an urgent recruitment, applications will be processed as they are