The purpose of this job is to achieve set targets for all revenue streams as per ZINARA’s legislative mandate. The incumbent will ensure that dents and stakeholders comply with all statutory requirements and that the operations department is functioning effectively and efficiently by formulating relevant policies, systems and procedures. The position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer #vacancymail
Duties And Responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Define the scope of the Operations Department in relation to revenue collection operations and ensure adherence to professional standards.
• Develop a framework to be used to identify the activities of the Department and develop flow charts on Departmental core activities to ensue accountability and responsibility by operations personnel
• Formulate policies and strategies in relation to operation standards in Toting, Fuel Levies, Overload fees, Abnormal bad fees, Transit fees and Vehicle Licensing fees to facilitate the attainment of ZINARA’s mandate.
• Establish the processes and procedures on Operational issues that includes Vehicle Licensing, Fuel Levy, Transit and Tolling functions.
• Manage and Coordinate stakeholders for information dissemination and feedback purposes.
• Ensure effective stakeholders and dent’s engagements and attend to their needs for cordial working relationships.
• Manage Revenue performance and generate revenue reports that inform business
• Evaluate staff performance and ensure a strong talent pipeline.
• Collaborate with human resources management department to create and implement succession plans for key management and supervisory positions and advance cohesion between various internal departments.
• Keep abreast of developments in system changes in operations management to keep abreast with technological advancement
• Design robust money handing, accounting and banking systems f or all revenue heads
• Create strategies to manage pilferages and stock losses and implement initiatives to reduce costs.
• Oversee customer support processes and organize them to enhance customer satisfaction
• Understand and comply with the regulatory framework in relation to road user charges in Zimbabwe.
• Articulate the capital requirements of the Department as a contribution to the Bud get as well as monitoring the expenditure levels of the Department to avoid over¬spending
• Initiate and implement strategies to maximize shareholder value from the business operations
• Initiate and implement strategies to motivate staff in the Department
• Analyze and consolidate revenue collection and monitoring reports from ICT,Tolling and Licensing and submit a Monitoring Report to the CEO for informative decision making.
• Ensure the Division carries out random and investigative inspections to ascertain the quality of services and effectiveness of revenue collection systems
Qualifications And Experience
Education, Professional Qualifications and Work Experience
a) Degree in Banking/Finance/Accounting/Business and Commerce
b) Relevant Master’s Degree
c) Professional qualification
d) Experience in Revenue collection and enforcement in a similar environment is an added advantage
e) Must have a minimum of 7 years’ relevant working experience in an equivalent designation.
f) Person of unquestionable integrity
Clean class 4 driver’s license
Applications including CVs and certified copies of certificates should be submitted not later than 4:30p m. on Thursday 20 February 2020.
How To Apply
Written applications including CVs and certified copies of certificates should be submitted not later than Thursday 20 February 2020 to:
Director Administration & Human Resources
Zimbabwe National Road Administration
Stand No. 489