Reporting to the Vice Chancellor, the Personal Assistant provides high-level administrative support to the Vice-Chancellor whose activities are multi-dimensional, extremely complex and externally visible which are paramount to the success, reputation and integrity of the University.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Assisting and advising the Vice-Chancellor on strategic projects/activities/assignments with those responsible to ensure timeous completion of deliverables in accordance with the required ethical, professional and quality standards.
• Researching and advising on issues raised by stakeholders and the public
• Drafting and writing high quality reports and presentations for the Vice Chancellor
• Providing high level Secretarial support in VC’s meetings
• Attending high level meetings with the Vice Chancellor and keeping a record of and distributing comprehensive proceedings/minutes and action points to all members post meeting minutes
• Acting as first point of contact for the Vice
• Chancellor and act on his behalf responding to issues as they arise in collaboration with the senior management team.
• Acting in the best interests of the University at all times and support the local governance processes and develop timelines to ensure that external and internal reporting and compliance requirements are met effectively.
Qualifications And Experience
• A first degree in social sciences or equivalent
• A Master’s degree in social sciences or equivalent
• A PhD is an added advantage
At least 5 years’ experience in supporting and influencing senior management at a large and complex organisation preferably in a university. Knowledge of higher education structures, university processes and regulations and performance management is critical.
How To Apply
Email your application letter together with your Curriculum vitae, certified copies and certificates, academic transcripts and three referees with their e-mail addresses, phone numbers and postal addresses should be forwarded to;
Assistant Registrar Human Resources and Administration
Or email to: [email protected]
The closing date for applications is 24 January 2020
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.