Welding and NDT Specialist (x3) – ZPC
POST D: Welding and NDT Specialist (x3)
Qualifications and Experience
• Recognized Apprenticeship in welding
• 5 years relevant experience in a heavy manufacturing environment
• Level II NDT Certification in MPI, Ultrasonic, Radiographic and Liquid Penetrant Testing
• Diploma in welding /Valid Coded welder certificate an added advantage
• Knowledge and experience in a Project Environment is an added advantage
Duties and Responsibilities
• Inspects welds (plate and pipe), castings, machined parts, pipe walls, tubes and concrete slabs
• Completes required reports of the inspection process within mandated time lines; reviewed and followed safety procedures.
• Approves, rejects or discard products, materials and equipment not meeting specifications utilizing Dye Penetrant, Eddy Current, Magnetic Particle Inspection, Ultrasonic, Radiography and Visual.
• Interprets the results of most methods of non-destructive testing (NDT) such as acoustic emission, electromagnetic, leak, liquid penetrant, magnetic particle, radiographic, thermal or infrared, ultrasonic, vibration analysis, and visual testing according to ASME, AWS, API codes, or any other standards as per client specifications.
Applications from prospective candidates with detailed curriculum vitae and certified
copies of certificates should be received by not later than 13 December 2019 addressed to:
Senior Manager – Human Resources Zimbabwe Power Company
P.O Box MP 274
Or email: [email protected]
or Hand delivery to Senior Manager – Human Resources
Zimbabwe Power Company 12th Floor, Megawatt House 44 Samora Machel Avenue HARARE
NB. ZPC’s recruitment policy does not require any prospective job seekers to make payments to the Organisation or any of its employees as a way of securing employment.