Ruth’s Pantry is a social enterprise that aims to eradicate poverty through enterprise. One of its enterprises is a poultry farm, initially to be set up to rare 5000 birds with growth plans to go beyond that. This role offers an exciting opportunity to manage a growing poultry farm.
The Farm Manager is responsible for the day to day management of the farm, ensuring that the stock is produced of the highest standard whilst ensuring you and all on the farm maintain safe working practices. The Farm Manager is also responsible for site security and bio-security. As Farm Manager you will ensure the site is compliant with all retailer requirements, and the farm is audit ready at all times.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Manage the farms to ensure that bird welfare is never compromised
• Manage and monitor ventilation, heating, feed, water, litter and lighting within the agreed standards, ensuring the highest quality conditions are provided.
• Communicate with the Farm Director ensuring that information is provided promptly and accurately.
• Ensure all paperwork is accurately recorded
• Responsible for the alarm, ensuring it is operational and any faults rectified immediately
• Order or necessary supplies for the farm
• Ensure that Site Security is maintained at all times, and report any issues
• Ensure that Site is maintained in clean, tidy and presentable manner.
• Ensure that the Farms Health & Safety Policy is adhered to at all times.
• Ensure that all Codes of Practice are adhered to at all times.
• Flexible approach will be necessary as this role will necessitate working at weekends with early morning and late evening work.
• Undertake any other duties as required to fulfil the needs of the position
• Attend training courses which are determined as appropriate by the Company
• Ensure compliance with any Assurance and Quality Schemes
• Ensure site is audit ready at all times.
Qualifications And Experience
• Literate / Numerate –documentation recording / Effective communication skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and carry out manual duties
• A qualification in Agronomy or Animal Husbandry is an added advantage
Other Key attributes
• Strong leadership skills
• Analytical and problem solving attributes
• Entrepreneurial mind-set
• Decision maker
How To Apply
Send you updated CV stating expected salary to [email protected] In the subject line state the role being applied for.