The position of Procurement Manager is a Managerial post within ZIMSEC and the successful candidate will report to the Director/Accounting Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Managing the day to day operations of the Procurement function in compliance with the provisions of the Public Procurement and Assets Disposal Act (Chapter 22:23).
• Formulating work objectives, directing, supervising and reviewing staff assignments.
• Providing high-level technical guidance in work requirements and methods.
• Planning of Council’s procurement activities and ensuring that the annual procurement plan is in place.
• Co-ordinating routinely with other departments to ensure effective and timely co-ordination and team work in the procurement of goods and services.
• Conducting procurement research, providing guidance and direction by adopting the best procurement options available.
• Incorporating Procurement Best Practices and market research to ensure the Council obtains best value for money.
• Ensuring the taking of minutes on procurement meetings such as competitive quotes meetings, evaluation meetings and the procurement management meetings.
• Keeping minutes of all deliberations on procurement e.g. Evaluation minutes and Quotation minutes.
Qualifications and Experience
• A good first degree in Procurement or Supply Chain Management or equivalent from a reputable University. • Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) Graduate Diploma • Membership of a relevant professional board (CIPS or CILT), a MUST. • At least 5 years’ post qualification experience at Managerial Level. • Thorough knowledge of Public Procurement Act and other requirements; • Sound IT literacy; • Results focused; • Conceptual thinking and proactive; • Organizational awareness and interpersonal understanding; • Self-starter and all round communicator; • Risk management skills. • Good communication skills across all the levels of the Council
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications each consisting of 5 (Five) copies of application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates and Curriculum Vitae with contact telephone numbers and names of at least three (3) referees. All envelopes should clearly indicate the post being applied for. Applications should be received not later than 21st January 2020. Applications should be addressed to: The Assistant Director, Human Resources. Zimbabwe School Examination Council (ZIMSEC) Head Office Examination Centre Upper East Road, Mount Pleasant P.O. BOX CY1464, Causeway HARARE
Or email: [email protected]
NB: ZIMSEC recruitment policy does not require any prospective job seekers to make payment to the Council or any of its employees as a way of securing employment. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED