Reporting to the Dean of the College of Health, Agriculture and Natural Sciences, the Lecturer in Haematology and Blood Bank is expected to carry out three (3) major responsibilities of teaching, research and engaging in community outreach programmes.
• PhD or enrolled in PhD programme in Medical Microbiology
• Master’s Degree in Haematology / Blood Bank
• First Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences
• Registered with the Medical Laboratory and Clinical Scientists Council of Zimbabwe.
• Evidence of successful participation in multi-disciplinary teaching and research
• Commitment to the maintenance of high standards of ethical behavior among staff and students.
• A good record of research and publications in peer-reviewed journals is an added advantage. RESPONSIBILITIES
• Teaching core courses in Haematology and Blood Bank in the undergraduate Medical Laboratory Science Programme.
• Supervising student project proposals and dissertations.
• Advising undergraduate and graduate students.
• Undertaking relevant research in communicable and non-communicable diseases
• Working with the College team in the development of new modules, programmes and innovative teaching.
Application letter together with a copy of curriculum vitae. certified copies of certificates, academic transcripts and three referees with their e-mail addresses. phone numbers and postal addresses should be forwarded to:
Assistant Registrar Human Resources and Administration
Or email to: [email protected]
The closing date for applications is 13 December 2019.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.