Zimbabwe Red Cross Society is looking for experienced personnel to fill the role of project coordinator for a UNICEF funded WASH COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Project. The project seeks to improve access to WASH facilities in district and isolation centres and improve awareness of COVID-19, safe hygiene and sanitation practices.
Duties And Responsibilities
Reporting to the operations director, the successful candidate shall
• Lead the project team providing guidance, technical training and assistance to concerned project staff on the implementation of the project
• Planning and monitoring of weekly, monthly and quarterly project activities.
• Manage all borehole rehabilitation works and installation of piped water schemes.
• Support and facilitate regular program and technical partner review meetings.
• Collaborate with HR team in management of project personnel and organisational resources.
• Conducting community stakeholder leadership orientation and sensitisation meetings.
• Collect and collate monitoring and evaluation data with the support of M & E officer.
• Stakeholder engagement
• Technical lead on all project activities and ensuring rehabilitation, maintenance and management of water points, trainings and distributions of PPE in all areas of operation is done in line with organisational and partner expectations
• Prepare and submit sitreps/monthly/quarterly progress reports to the operations director related to water sanitation and hygiene project indicators and standards and COVID-19.
Qualifications And Experience
Qualifications and skills
• Degree or post graduate qualification in Civil and structural Engineering/Water Resource Engineering, Public Health or any other related qualification. An advanced degree is an added advantage.
• At least 7 years progressive relevant working experience in WASH projects including on borehole drilling, equipping, rehabilitation and construction basics with 4 years of senior managerial experience from reputable regional or international organisations
• Experience in the NGO sector an added advantage
• Class 4 Driver’s licence
How To Apply
apply to The Secretary General