Post B: Protection Engineer
Qualifications and Experience
• A degree in Electrical/ Electronic Engineering
• Preferably 4 years of electrical engineering/ Transmission protection experience
• ECZ registration and/or membership of a professional engineering institution
• 330kV switching authorisation is an added advantage
• Project management certification an added advantage
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conducts reviews of protection designs and short circuit engineering studies to ensure compliance to standards.
• Monitors all protection installations during project implementation.
• Ensures compatibility of contractors designs to existing infrastructure.
• Assists construction in troubleshooting and problem resolution and provides on-site support
• Verifies that field modifications will not undermine the integrity of the design and ensures such modifications are recorded.
• Participates in plant and equipment testing and commissioning
Applications from prospective candidates with detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of certificates should be received by not later than 13 December 2019 addressed to:
Senior Manager – Human Resources Zimbabwe Power Company
P.O Box MP 274
Or email: [email protected]
or Hand delivery to Senior Manager – Human Resources
Zimbabwe Power Company 12th Floor, Megawatt House 44 Samora Machel Avenue HARARE
NB. ZPC’s recruitment policy does not require any prospective job seekers to make payments to the Organisation or any of its employees as a way of securing employment.