RECEPTIONIST GRADE 5 – Hwange Rural District Council
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the vacant positions referred to above which have arisen within Hwange Rural District Council.
PURPOSES OF THE JOB
• Manning the switchboard, welcoming clients and customers and provide information about the organisation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manning the reception area
• Monitor phones i.e. record all phones made and nature of business
• Maintain and control petty cash
• Ensure telephones are functioning well at all times
• Maintain, issue and keep record of stationery, office teas and kitchen utensils
• Man incoming and outgoing mail book
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
• 5 ‘0’ levels including English Language
• Receptionist Certificate
• Secretarial certificate would be an added advantage
• Customer care and public relations
• Knowledge of operating switchboard
• Good communication skills
In return, the Council offers an attractive package to be disclosed to shortlisted candidates.
Applications, including detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of academic and professional qualifications and names of at least two traceable referees, should reach the undersigned not later than 29 November 2019 at 1645 Hours.
Hwange Rural District Council
P. O. Box 165
Chief Executive Officer
Hwange Rural District Council is an equal opportunity employer; suitably qualified women, People Living with Disability and youths are encouraged to apply. Council does not demand any form of payment from prospective applicants.