The Zimbabwe Energy Regulatory Authority (ZERA) is a statutory body mandated to ensure the provision of a level playing field for safe, reliable and sustainable energy supply through effective regulation. ZERA seeks the services of a highly competent, professional and results oriented individual who is able take the organisation to a higher level in the following role:
Regional Compliance Officer- Technical
Duties And Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Engineer Petroleum Infrastructure, the Key Job Functions of this position will be:
• Caring out fuel and LPG site pre-licensing inspections and surveillance inspections.
• Receiving all license applications in the respective region and ensures completeness.
• Dispatching all approved licenses to the different operators.
• Liaising with NSSA, EMA and Local Authorities as required from time to time.
• Examining and auditing records of petroleum companies and operators to determine that the design, installation and operation of the entities conform to regulatory requirements.
• Caring out compliance monitoring to ensure all licensees are compliant to regulated prices.
• Administering the prosecution of operators violating licensing and pricing requirement.
• Ensuring returns are diligently submitted by all licensees.
• Inspecting to ensure that fuel and LPG operations comply with given terms and conditions of their licenses and regulations.
• Issuing out compliance orders and notices as necessary to rectify or stop non-compliances by operators.
• Investigating complaints/incidents/ accidents in the petroleum industry and submits reports to supervisor.
• Conducting basic and preliminary fuel quality tests to facilitate product identification and general investigations of nature of product
• Liaising and cooperating with other government enforcement agents in operations to promote compliance to energy sector and relevant national regulations.
• Facilitating training of LPG and fuel operators on petroleum standards and regulations.
• Assisting petroleum operators with the interpretation of regulations and codes relating to handling, storage and use of petroleum products.
• Facilitating information dissemination to stakeholders in the respective area.
• Attends standards development and review meetings at ZERA Head Office and at Standards Association of Zimbabwe as and when required.
• Compiling and submitting periodic and adhoc reports with respect to petroleum operations performance.
• Establishing a database of petroleum sector operations in the region/ area
• Establishing good working relations with other Authorities.
• Caring out any other related duties as assigned by Supervisor from time to time
Qualifications And Experience
The successful candidate for this position should meet the following criteria:
• Four year degree in Civil or Mechanical or Fuels and Chemical Engineering
• Or HND in Engineering with at least 7 years Industrial experience.
• At least 3 years’ previous experience in the petroleum industry with involvement in LPG and Fuel installations
• Membership of a professional institution acceptable to the Engineering Council of Zimbabwe.
• Strong professional interpersonal and communication skills.
• Clean class 4 drivers’ license a must.
How To Apply
Prospective candidates for this position should email their CVs to [email protected] or hand deliver their CVs by no later than Friday 03 July 2020 to:
The Human Resources Manager
Zimbabwe Energy Regulatory Authority (ZERA), 14th Floor Century Towers, 45 Samora Machel Avenue, Harare
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. Female candidates are encouraged to apply