Job Summary National Blood Service Zimbabwe invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Registered General Nurse which has arisen in our organisation. We are looking for an exceptionally skilled, versatile and talented individual to join our team.
Reporting to: Team Leader
Period: Five- year fixed term contract
Duties And Responsibilities
1. Screening donors for suitability according to set procedures.
2. Preparing blood bags before a bleeding session.
3. Verifying donor identity before bleeding and ensuring correct allocation and labelling of donation bags.
4. Giving appropriate donor care after bleeding.
5. Reporting all adverse incidents to the Team Leader.
6. Carrying out pre and post donation counselling on blood donors.
7. Assisting with induction training as directed by the Team Leader.
Qualifications And Experience
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
1 . Degree /Diploma in General Nursing.
2. A qualification in Counselling.
3. Minimum of 5 ordinary level subjects including English and Mathematics.
4. Valid practicing certificate.
5. Have at least 2 years’ experience in a similar position.
How To Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their application letters, certified academic and professional certificates and CVs to: [email protected] or:
The Human Resource Officer National Blood Service Zimbabwe P 0 Box A101, Avondale
Not later than 1600hrs on 14th August 2020.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.