Research Officer- Parttime (3 months to cover Maternity Period)
Population Services International Zimbabwe (PSI/Z) is a leading global health organization with programs targeting HIV and reproductive health, malaria and child survival. Working in partnership within the public and private sectors, and harnessing the power of the markets, PSI provides life-saving products, clinical services and behavior change communications that empower the world’s most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives.
PSI/Z seeks qualified, experienced and hardworking candidates to fill in the position of Parttime Research Officer that has arisen in the organization for 3 months to cover for Maternity period.
The incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
• Analyzes quantitative and qualitative research data
• Periodic analysis of routine program data ( e.g. VMMC, HIV Testing, Family Planning).
• Ensures that all program reportable data is cleaned and complete before analyzing
• Periodically upraises the research department of the most up to date qualitative and quantitative research methods.
• Develops data collection templates using software such as Survey ToGo and or Survey CTO
• Conducts routine data quality checks for both routine and research data
• Prepares research documentation for IRB research ethical approvals
• Prepares and submits monthly research reports with support from the research manager as required.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience
•Degree in Demography, Social Sciences, Statistics, MIS, or any other relevant field.
• Familiarity with electronic data management system especially Demographic Health Information System (DHIS2) is an added advantage.
• Familiarity with mobile health applications is a unique advantage.
• At least 1 year experience in programs data collection, capturing, analysis and reporting.
In return, PSI/Z offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with qualifications and experience. PSI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of gender, identity or expression, race, religion, national origin or disability.
Detailed CV and a Cover Letter clearly highlighting the position being applied for should be sent not later than November 30, 2019 to: [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted