A local leading Insurance Group of Companies with International Alliance is seeking to fill in the following vacancy as Data Scientist
This role will be responsible for advising the business and providing new insights drawn from available data through the use of advanced statistical analysis, data mining, and data visualization techniques in order to create solutions that enable enhanced business performance. Reporting to the Head Digital Transformation, the roles and responsibilities will include:
Duties And Responsibilities
1. Identifying relevant data sources and sets to mine for client business needs, and collect large structured and unstructured datasets and variables.
2. Browsing and analysing enterprise databases in order to provide insights that will simplify and improve product development, marketing techniques, and business processes.
3. Creating and utilizing algorithms and models in order to mine big data stores, perform data and error analysis to improve models, clean and validate data for uniformity and accuracy.
4. Working closely with business stakeholders in order to put forward recommendations on best uses of available data for valuable business solutions.
5. Researching and identifying innovative methods of getting new data sources for business use.
6. Analyzing data for trends and patterns and interpreting data with a clear objective in mind for presentation to Management.
7. Implementing analytical models into production by collaborating with software developers and machine learning engineers.
8. Communicating analytic solutions to stakeholders and implementing improvements as needed to operational systems 6 business processes.
9. Researching and devising innovative statistical models for data analysis.
Qualifications And Experience
• A first degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science or any quantitative related field.
• Knowledge of R, SQL and Python; familiarity with Scala, Java or C++.
• At least 4 years in with data mining, mathematics, and statistical analysis field.
• Hands-on experience using business intelligence tools Tableau and data frameworks.
• Comfort working in a dynamic, research-oriented group with several ongoing concurrent projects.
• A very strong customer orientated approach with a delivery bias.
• Ability to prioritize and allocate resource/effort appropriately.
• Strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate across a broad spectrum of users.
• Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
• Ability to manage through organizational change.
How To Apply
Interested candidates, please send application letters together with detailed CV’s, clearly stating position applied for in the subject field not later than 1 July 2020 to:
Being an equal opportunity employer, applications are encouraged from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, or disability.