Freda Rebecca Gold Mine currently has a vacancy for a Section Engineer-Mobile Plant who will be reporting to the Engineering Manager. The successful incumbent will be responsible for managing the total Mobile Plant Engineering and maintenance section according to Company policies and procedures with a focus on optimising asset, performance, managing and improving equipment life cycle, cost and financial management.
Accountabilities of the role
• Mobile & Fixed Plant Maintenance (Mechanical / Electrical)-manage the development and implementation of planned maintenance strategies,
• Plan and direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance and repair of equipment,
• Ensure that costs are within maintenance budgets,
• Accountability for ensuring production targets, quality, timeliness and tonnage are met whilst maximizing return to shareholders,
• Performance management & development of subordinates,
• Confer with maintenance, production and support staff to discuss overall mobile plant performance,
• Ensure Inspection and Certification of Equipment as per legal and Occupational Health and Safety Requirements,
• Implementing and maintaining ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018.
Qualifications and Experience
A Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering. A minimum of five years experience in a similar role with underground trackless gold mining experience. The candidate must possess the ability to practice and promote safe work behaviours. The candidate should be a member of a recognised professional body i.e (ZIE). Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential to the success of this position. The candidate must also be an exceptional team leader with a flexible attitude and sound work ethic.
Suitable candidates committed to achieving the highest Health, Safety, Environmental and best practice standards plus zero harm practices to send their application and C.V (in clearly marked envelopes) by the 10th of December 2019 to
The Human Resources Manager
Freda Rebecca Gold Mine
P.O. Box 70, Bindura
E-mail : [email protected]
“Sustainable Mining, Sustainable Investments & Sustainable Communities