Position: Senior Superintendent
Location: Prince Edward
Department: Harare Water
Reporting To: Production Engineer
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for appointment in the above vacant position on the Production Division of Harare Water Department
Duties And Responsibilities
• Responsible for supervising the treatment and distribution of potable water, raw water abstraction monitoring and recommending flow changes, chemical dosages, repairs, supervision of subordinate staff as well as maintaining Health & Safety standards.
• Supervises the treatment and distribution of potable water.
• Controls the balancing of both incoming and outgoing water of Prime Edward Waterworks
• Ensures abstraction of correct quantity and quality of raw water from the City water resources
• Supervises and ensures water quality assurance is done as scheduled.
• Complies daily, weekly and monthly production reports for onwards transmission to Production Engineer
• Performance Management
Qualifications And Experience
Qualification and Experience
• Water & Waste Water Diploma from the IWSD OR Pan 3 Chartered Institute of Water & Environmental Management Certificate OR Water and Waste Management Diploma from HEXCO
• A Higher National Diploma will be an added advantage
• At least S years’ experience in the relevant field at a Supervisory level
• A Clean Class four (4) Driver’s Licence
Key Individual Competences
• Good supervisory & communication skills
• Ability to write comprehensive reports
• An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving
How To Apply
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
• A competitive salary commensurate with the post and other benefits will be disclosed to successful candidates.
NB: City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer therefore both female and male applicants are encouraged to apply. Written application and detailed Curriculum Vitae including certified copies of relevant certificates should be submitted to:-
The Acting Human Capital Director
P.O Box 1680
Rowan Martin Building
Or hand deliver to records Office –Rowan Martin Building
(Clearly indicate on the envelope the position being applied for)