Skilled Worker – Boiler Maker (3 Positions)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for appointment to the above vacant positions in the installation and Maintenance Division of the Harare Water Department
Duties And Responsibilities
The incumbent shall be responsible for all steel fabrications, wearing repairs and maintenance of al plant and machinery including filters, truck bodies, pumps, pipes and pipe specials, steel and structural gates, burglar bars, screens and other steel equipment in Council buildings, works yards, pumping mains, substations and switch-rooms at water treatment works and pump stations.
KEY RESULT AREAS
• Installation and repair of water and sewage handling machinery and equipment
• Fabrication, installation and repair of biological filters, manual screens, filter screens/ sieves.
• Development and fabrication of steel pipes and pipe specials
• Fabrication of burglar bars, screens, steel structures and general fabrications
• Welding repairs to pumps, water pipes at various stations and installations
• Welding repairs to trucks, earthmoving plant and equipment
• Performance Management
Qualifications And Experience
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• National craft certificate in Fabrication
• Journeyman Class 1 Certificate
• Certificate of apprenticeship
• Have at least 3 years post experience in the relevant field
• Experience with pipes, conveyors, boilers, fans, blowers mixers, pumps, valves, gearboxes, compressors and mechanical installations is essential
• Be able to develop templates for lobster back bends, concentric and eccentric cones, square to round oblique cones.
• Competent with the storage, transportation and use of gas and arc-welding equipment.
• Be knowledgeable of the various types of steel alloys and be able to select correct electrodes for the correct type of steel to be welded.
• Be innovative and able to mentor and motivate subordinates
• Competent in safe work practices and familiar with the Factories and Works Act.
• Competent, reading and interpreting mechanical drawings.
• A clean class 4 Diners licence
How To Apply
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
• A competitive salary commensurate with the post and other benefits will be disclosed to successful candidates.
NB: City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer therefore both female and male applicants are encouraged to apply. Written application and detailed Curriculum Vitae including certified copies of relevant certificates should be submitted to:-
The Acting Human Capital Director
P.O Box 1680
Rowan Martin Building
Or hand deliver to records Office –Rowan Martin Building
(Clearly indicate on the envelope the position being applied for)