Social Workers x 10
Childline Zimbabwe is a local, non-profit making organisation specialising in child protection. The organisation is seeking the services of qualified and experienced professionals to take up the following opportunities that have arisen within the organisation;
Social Workers x 10
Location: Harare, Bulawayo, Masvingo, Beitbridge, Kadoma
– Provide direct counselling & therapeutic support to survivors of abuse & GBV.
– Work closely with the relevant government departments in following -up on reports received of child abuse and gender based violence, including home visits within the community using a case management approach.
– Conduct specialized group counselling services, including therapeutic and support groups.
– Work jointly with other stakeholders in ensuring effective child protection, GBV and HIV / AIDS programming, making referrals and networking.
– Maintain accurate records of services provided; submit regular reports on activities and statistics using the case management model.
– Raise awareness in the community on issues of child protection and gender based violence giving presentations and facilitating workshops.
– Support the organisations fundraising activities in the local community
Qualifications & Experience required:
– A degree in Social Work from a reputable institution.
– Up to date registration with the Council of Social Workers.
– At least 2 years’ experience of working with children, child protection and children’s rights.
– At least 1year experience in HIV/AIDS and / GBV programming is highly desirable.
– Written & spoken proficiency in English, Shona & / Ndebele
– Strong networking and advocacy skills.
– Good analytical and writing skills as well as strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
– Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
– Clean Class 4 Driver’s licence with at least 2 years driving experience.
– Previous experience in the NGO sector is an added advantage.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted & Childline Zimbabwe reserves the right not to fill the position.
All applications should include a covering letter and detailed CV.
or hand deliver at; 6 Roscommon Road, Eastlea, Harare
*Please note that this recruitment is for an anticipated project that is expected to start early 2020. Final offers are therefore subject to confirmation of the grant from the funding partner.
Due Date for Applications: 6 January 2020