Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to apply the available vacancy of Medical Laboratory Technician
Duties And Responsibilities
1. Conducting laboratory tests and investigations on blood as per requests.
2. Equipment maintenance including decontamination and troubleshooting as necessary. 3. Conducting on the job training for students as and when assigned.
4. Performing quality control of reagents and machines as and when required.
5. Processing blood into various blood components as required and distributing them.
6. Recording received donor units and blood samples.
7. Monitoring and recording laboratory temperatures as and when required.
8. Compiling periodic (weekly, monthly, or as needed) laboratory sectional reports.
Qualifications And Experience
• Certificate in State Certified Medical Laboratory Technician.
• Registration with Medical Laboratory and Clinical Scientists Council of Zimbabwe with valid open practicing certificate.
• 5 Ordinary Level passes including English Language, Mathematics and a Science subject.
• Have at least two (2) years’ experience in a medical laboratory setting.
How To Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their application Letters, certified academic and professional certified and CVs to: [email protected] or The Human Resource Officer, National Blood Service Zimbabwe, P.O. Box A101, Avondale, Harare